Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubles calculating the sum of list form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey0ne

Technical User
May 22, 2006
EE
Hi, can someone give an advice on how to make an autocalculation of the form, with conditions, trouble is rest of the code is not mine.... and i just cant understand how its works for
example is over here (form just one, name of the text box where it calculates sum - tboListSum)

PS. well, with requiry i did managed to make it on click, but i just want to make it automated, as record count (tboListCount)

any help would be appreciated )

In any field that would cause the calculated value to change, add me.recalc to the AfterUpdate event.

Randy

nope, it doesnt help at all, as the list form has controls to sortout records showns, what helps is to put it on change, but the trouble is it shows only after second symbol, and shows sum for records for which was first symbol used in sorting... like it stays one step behind....

PS. well, with requiry i did managed to make it on click
Have you tried the same code in the AfterUpdate event?

Randy

yes, it does work if the conditional text bar looses focus.. but it doesn't suite well....

if you take a look at example, you will see

trouble is most of the conditions will consist of several symbols, which means that this text box will show wierd sums forever....

gush, received from other place....
should have used
Private Sub mfrmParent_Timer()
SetListRowSource
mfrmParent.Recalc
mfrmParent.TimerInterval = 0
End Sub
instead of
Private Sub mfrmParent_Timer()
SetListRowSource
mfrmParent.TimerInterval = 0
End Sub