Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with transferring calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errika

Technical User
Mar 17, 2004
US
Hi. I'm back. The other problem was fixed. Now, the new one. When I get a call for my boss and try to transfer it to her line it says "BTN Unavailable" and won't let me transfer. However, I can transfer calls into her voicemail. We've never had this particular problem before. Any ideas on what might be wrong or how I can fix it? I appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks.
Errika

It sounds like the button has had "Trans to Vmail" erased. You will have to reprogram that button for that feature. Did this only happen on your telephone or do all telephones give this message on that button?

Its only on my telephone. It appears to have been unprogrammed(is that word?). I swear this time I didn't touch anything and had nothing to do with it. I'm just a little paranoid about messing around with the phone programming. Isn't there a way that I can reprogram it to ring to Station 11?

This phone will be the death of me.

Errika:

I had it backwards, you can transfer to vmail but not to her extension, right?

Are you using the TRANS button (to the left of the HOLD) or do you have another button programmed for transfer?

One more quesitons, when you answer a call, do you see TRANS in the display under CO LINE 1 or whatever line you are on?

Right, I can transfer to voicemail because I hit MSG and then type 11(the extension that I currently can not transfer to).

I'm using the transfer button, but nothing happens. Before I would hit STA 11 and then transfer and that would complete the process. Now, when I hit STA 11 it says "BTN Unavailabe". It doesn't display "transfer". I'm thinking that the button for STA 11 on my phone is somehow not programmed anymore. Like I said before, I can hit STA 11 from another phone and it rings into her office, or I can just dial 11 and ring into her office.

Basically, I just need to know how to reprogram it to be station 11 again on my phone.

Does this make sense?

If it is a DHS, Hit feature #3, hit the button to program as ext. 11 and follow the prompts in the display to make it ext. 11. If not a DHS, let me know what system it is and I will guide you through the button programming.

Errika:

Sorry to take so long in getting back with you as I was out all day yesterday. I have a couple of things to share. I assume that your telephones are the Executive models (Display telephone) and if that is the case, you can do a "Flexible Button Inquiry" to identify what is programmed on each button. This is a quick check of the telephone to ensure that you have programmed what you "THINK" that you have programmed on a station.

Press: FEAT
Dial: #3
Press the feature button to view it contents (feature code)
Press: SHOW. The name of that feature is displayed.
**Buttons without features will display "Unassigned BTN".

To program a button as a DSS (Direct Station select)
Press: FEAT
Dial: #3
Press the button that you want to program.
Press: CHG and the display will show "Select Function"
Press: "STA" & dial the Station/Extention number (11 in your case).
Press: SAVE

**When the display shows "Select Function", at this point** you choose what you want to program on the button,CO line, Station/Extention or Feature. If you select feature, you will need to know the feature code to program that function on the button.

Do you have the DHS User's Guide? If not, let me know and I'll either email you the codes or I'll mail it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back