Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with text on circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickEp

Programmer
Sep 5, 2001
US
I want to put text on the bottom of circle that is not upside down.

I have downloaded numerous tutorial/tip information but cannot get it right.

what am I doing wrong??

P.S. I am just learning Illustrator.

D

Hmmm. If I can just figure out how to "drag it across the circumference" I could probably do it.

I cannot get the text to move, except to reposition it on the circle.

Please send pictures as I guess I can't understand text.

Thanks again
D

Havemyou select ther type and then gone to Type menu/Type on Path.Options and selected Flip?

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

Man! can you believe my typing in the last one? I'll try again.

Have you selected the type and then gone to Type menu/Type On Path/Options and selected Flip?

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Not sure how to "flip" the text. I know I am "dense" as I am missing something very rudimentary and/or simple.

Please give me a good way to just drag and drop the text and flip it. I am not understanding something.

Thanks for all your help and patience.

D

Are you creating your text using the TYPE ON A PATH tool? This makes the text follow the path on which you started. Then grab the little "T" and move it, the text should move with it, while clicking and holding the T move your mouse toward the center of the circle, the text should then flip to the inside and not be upside down.

itchybug,

Thanks.

I would like to know how you got the picture/graphic in the other thread. That would be benefical to help when I ask for more help.

D

Dick:

You need to upload a picture to a server. I use my own server space, but there are also numerous free image hosting services. One I see used a lot is Imageshack, and there's one called Pixentral. Google them.

Then, you need to link to the image from this site.

Use this format (remove the #, it's there only to break the html):

[#img ]

Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back