Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with SecuRemote and NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyd6630

MIS
Jul 20, 2000
US
Visit site
I have a remote user who is connecting our Checkpoint firewall/vpn using SecuRemote. He is on his own network, with fixed internal IP and NAT that translates it to a valid IP. We are using FWZ encryption method. And I configure our firewall to allow the users with the Firewall username/passwd. It appears that the he can get the key from the firewall, and the username/passwd was authenticated too. But he couldn't connect to any server on our network. (I have serveral mobile users, they use same SecuRemote and no problem, the difference is they don't have NAT).<br><br>Does anybody have this kind of experience, and can give me a hand? I would really appreciate it.

I haven't experienced this but what I heard is that prior to Checkpoint FW1 V4.1 SP2 they didn't support NAT in conjunction with SecureRemote.<br>Haven't been able to test NAT on a SP2 FW but that's what they say.

I am having this same problem with Securemote users can access the firewall no problem authenticate and everything but when it come to resources on the internal network I get nothing but not found errors ...

Try enabling encapsulation in the fwz settings. Aalso check out forhelp . If not of that helps call your vendor or checkpoint depanding on whos support you have and get some info on a setup called hybrid IKE.

GoodLuck,
Phant. [sig][/sig]

I configured 3 Remote users in our company. Our remote users can access both the mail serves and the file server.

Have you edited your LMHOST file? Include all the servers and resources that the remote user needs to access in your internal network to this file. The file is fould in %systemroot%\system32\driver\etc. If you need some iformation about LMHOST file just go to nad search for LMHOST file.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back