Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trouble with query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan010101

Technical User
Jan 24, 2001
US
I have two tables. One lists SKUs that are on "programs". The other table has sales info for all SKUs we sell, not totally up (each record is a line item on an order, so the SKU repeats many times).

I have a page which displays all the info for the particular program (stored in a table different from the above two) and then it displays what SKUs are on that program. In the list of SKUs that are on the program I would like to display the sales total for that particular SKU.

This is the current SQL statement

SELECT items_on_programs.*, FROM items_on_programs WHERE items_on_programs.program_id = " & request("id")

What needs to be done to not just grab the SKUs on a particular program but also grab the sales total for those SKUs from the other table?

thanks
Ryan

Can you please the schema of the 3 involved tables with relationships ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

The tables are:

items_on_programs
-id
-program_id
-sku
-controlled_funds
-approved
-buyin_expected
-buyin_actual

excsales
-invoice_num
-customer_num
-sku
-qty_shipped
-qty_ordered

Only two tables are involved (the program info is displayed but a different query is used). excsales is a line listing of orders. SKUs will repeat many times. So on the page it will display all items that are with a program_id. It needs to display all the data in items_on_programs plus for the skus in items_on_programs it needs to total up the qty_ordered for that SKU in excsales.

Any help would be appriciated.
thanks
Ryan

Something like this ?
SELECT i.id, i.program_id, i.sku, i.controlled_funds, i.approved, i.buyin_expected, i.buyin_actual
, Sum(Nz(e.qty_ordered)) As Qty
FROM items_on_programs i LEFT JOIN excsales e ON i.sku = e.sku
WHERE i.program_id = " & request("id")
GROUP BY i.id, i.program_id, i.sku, i.controlled_funds, i.approved, i.buyin_expected, i.buyin_actual

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Except for the Nz() part, it works! Thanks so much!

-Ryan

Ok, I forgot something. There is another table involved. I need to also display the title and vendor of the SKU in question. All of the SKU info is in another table called "catalog". SO I need to also select productname from catalog where productname.sku = items_on_programs.sku.

thanks
Ryan

When i tried the query with Nz() it didn't work (i got an error), when I took it out it did work.

Can anybody help me with how to get another table into the above query?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back