Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with installing WinNT Agent Accelerator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKo

Programmer
Sep 17, 2001
IL
I've get an error message during Veritas WinNT Agent installation on BDC: The account name and/or password supplied is not valid. Please re-enter the login information and try again.

Thanx
MikeKo

You need to create a user (with admin priv.)on your remote NT server. This should fix it.

Hello benitos !
User with admin privileges created during installation as well. Same problem occured.

(I have 2 WinNT 4 Servers (SP6) in one domain)

Any suggestions ?
MikeKo

I have the same problem. Every time when I was doing the backup job, a screen displayed and asked for user name and password. I used administrator user name with password still does not work . Help..?//

Attempting to install the Remote Agent for Windows NT install from the Backup Exec for Windows NT setup program fails with access denied on a Windows 2000 computer.

since you have a bdc, sounds very NT4 to me, so try a silent install of the remote agent. It has to run on the remote server and is called setupaa.cmd.

Default Path for Agent Accelerator (versions 7.3 and prior) Remote Agent (8.5 and later)
WINNT\ENG\I386\NTAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back