Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trouble with hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedicman

Programmer
Sep 5, 2003
US
\\entersvr1\e$\Financials\weeklyrevenue\BestImageWeeklyRevenue-BudgetReport.pdf

If I paste this into the browser address box, the file opens OK. However as a hyperlink coded as below it does not open. Please show me what I need to change.

<a href="'\\entersvr1\e$\Financials\weeklyrevenue\BestImageWeeklyRevenue-BudgetReport.pdf'"><font class='1'>Best Image Report</font></a>

Thanks for helping....Franco

Try this..
Code:
<a href="%5C%5Centersvr1%5Ce$%5CFinancials%5Cweeklyrevenue%5CBestImageWeeklyRevenue-BudgetReport.pdf">
	Link
</a>

M. Brooks

Same behaviour!

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

It still opens OK if I paste the filepath in the address box.

Any other ideas?

It may just be objecting to the fact that you're using single quotes nested inside double quotes in your href attribute. Don't do that.

Is this intended to work across the internet (as it won't), or are you just looking to have an HTML file on your own PC with shorcuts to your PDF files.

Assuming the latter, try this:
Code:
<a href="[red]file:[/red]\\entersvr1\e$\Financials\weeklyrevenue\BestImageWeeklyRevenue-BudgetReport.pdf"><font class='1'>Best Image Report</font></a>
Finally, try using / instead of \.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

just remove the ' after and before the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back