Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Exmerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikk67

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
CA
Hi All

I'm having some issues with Exmerge on my new 2003 Exch box. I used EXM to create PST's on my old 5.5 server box and when I try to import them to my new box....I get these errors. (sample from the log)

[10:59:34] Merging data from file '\\UNITY\EXCDATA\EXMERGEDATA\USER.PST' to mailbox 'User' ('USER') on server 'EXCHANGE'.
[10:59:34] Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)
[10:59:34] Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox 'User' ('USER').

[10:59:31] Merging data from file '\\UNITY\EXCDATA\EXMERGEDATA\USER.PST' to mailbox 'User' ('USER') on server 'EXCHANGE'.
[10:59:31] Error. File '\\UNITY\EXCDATA\EXMERGEDATA\USER.PST' not found. Cannot merge data into mailbox for user 'User' ('USER').

Any ideas?? The paths do exist and the files are there.

TIA,
Pikk

Sounds like you are using an account that doesn’t have the necessary permission to run Exmerge. Unlike Exmerge for Exch 5.5, Exmerge for Exch 2003 requires Send As permission and Receive As permission on the information store that the exmerge will run on. By default, domain admins do not have this permission in Exchange 2003. These two articles should show you how to set one up. and Hope this helps.

Yep - DOSA is right. The first link mentioned is the one you want if you have more than one person managing your environment.

Make sure, too, that the .pst file names are correct, and match the names with the new AD accounts you're importing to.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back