Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble using memo field

Status
Not open for further replies.

extractor

Technical User
Jul 5, 2003
BB
Beginner Alert!!!

When I try using the Memo datatype as a parameter in my append query it tells me I "need to remove the DISTINCT keyword, memo field or OLE object when selecting unique values" or something to that effect. I changed the query to unique records, Top Values to 1 to eliminate duplicates(???)and set the parameters as memos.

The query is still truncating the form data before it gets to the table and the error message occurs on some specific fields.

Very frustrating issue. Any suggestions??

memos are hard to handle. You might try a union with a table and itself in the query. Use the distinct in the first of the query and the memo and remainder fields in the second.

Hope that makes sense.

rollie@bwsys.net

I managed to get by all the obstacles save one. The data is still truncated at any more than 255 characters. There are some helpful suggestions in thread701-371366. However how to implement these is for now elusive.

if you wish to see a sample that has a larger than 255 charaacters, send me your email address and ask.

rollie@bwsys.net

Sure. Send it to smegle69@hotmail.com. I was doing some research into the GetChunk method or possibly circumventing the query using a recordset(???).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back