Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble uninstalling Front Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAcolyte

Technical User
Apr 4, 2003
US
I am using Front Page 2000 at home on a Windows XP Professional Dell computer.

I have had two problems in the past:

1. The JUSTIFY text button is nowhere to be found.
2. The upper tabs that allow one to switch from one opened page to another also are nowhere to be found.

I checked various settings, uninstalled and re-installed Front Page but to no avail.

As I once used FP 2000 at work and used these missing two functions on sites created there, I then thought that perhaps my version of FP 2000 was perhaps an earlier version that did not contain these items. So after uninstalling again my home version of FP, I installed my work version of FP, but again to no avail.

I then also installed my work's FP 2002 upgrade; still no dice.

I then went to uninstall everything again, and this time noticed that a file marked "microsoft front page" (which I believe I created when installing FP 2000 the very first time) would not delete, not even manually via Windows Explorer.

I then also noticed that there files marked FP 98 which also would not delete.

To my knowledge, before I purchased this computer from another person (which the person had custom-built by Dell), it did not have a copy of any version of FP.

So my ?s are the following:

1. What's the problem with my two issues?
2. How do I go about manually uninstalling the FP remnants.
3. Do the computers from Dell (Windows XP Professional) come automatically loaded with some FP components for Office or something?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

The Acolyte

HTML doesn't support Justified text...so there isn't a button for it...I wish it did. :-(
To add buttons on your bar to switch between opened pages look for a little black down arrow at the end of the button bar that says "More Buttons" or "Add Buttons" when you mouse over it. Click on it. Go to the bottom of the popup menu where it says "Customize." Click on the "View" category. Scroll to the bottom of the "Command" window. There should be two blue arrows for Forward and Back. Click and drag these arrows to where you want them on your button bar.

algraff ::)

Dear Algraff,

Thanks for the response, however I am confused by your statement: "HTML doesn't support Justified text...", as I have used this option (provided on the tool bar with a button next to the left, center and right buttons just as in Word) with Front Page in creating at least two of my websites (cf. and and this option works great on my work computer, however, I cannot seem to get the tool bar button to appear on my home computer. Any other ideas?

In any case, I will try what you advised regarding the tab button and see if that does the trick.

The Acolyte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back