Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble running Crystal Report from Access on Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltkling

Technical User
Jan 26, 2010
US
When trying to run my Crystal Report from the Enterprise, it keeps failing and giving me an error message saying that the database report logon is incorrect. I don't have a password associated with the database. When I run the report from Crystal (not on the Enterprise) it runs fine. I have tries all of the options with usernames/passwords but still get the same error message.
Thanks!

Hi,
Be sure the Enterprise services ( page server, cache server,job servers) are running under an account that has full rights to the Access database and file location.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

If you are using an ODBC connection to ACCESS make sure that it has the same configuration on the Crystal desktop, and on the server.

Also, remember that ACCESS doesn't normally allow multi-thread connections to the database...

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back