Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Restricting Smartlist Access to Financial

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradlee27514

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2009
US
GP 10. I've managed to remove access to all Financial smartlists except for 'Accounts' and 'Multidimensional Analysis' . I created a security role for a test user, displayed the financial series task IDs and un checked everything, yet they still these two folders in the smartlist.

Any idea why?

To identify what Tasks have the "Accounts" smartlist object, use the following script in SQL Management Studio.
Code:
use DYNAMICS
select * from SY10700
where DICTID = 1493 and SECURITYID = 1 and SECRESTYPE = 1000
From that use the SECURITYTASKID to amend the tasks.

I do not know what the SECURITYID for the "Multidimensional Analysis" would be. To find out, create a new task, say "MDA SMARTLIST".
As you would know, you need to set the Product to "Smartlist"; Type to "Smartlist Object"; Series to "Smartlist Objects". Mark the Multidimensional Analysis. Once you have saved this task, execute the following code in SQL Management Studio. (replace MDA SMARTLIST if you used a different ID)
Code:
use DYNAMICS
select * from SY10700
where DICTID = 1493 and SECRESTYPE = 1000
and SECURITYTASKID = 'MDA SMARTLIST'
Take the result of the SECURITYID field and replace in the original query.

------
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back