Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Reseting a RAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieHunt

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
US
We have an old style rad and no one knows the password. I tried bleeding the voltage on the battery down below one volt, but I couldn't get the unit to reset. I can access the unit through ftr 9** RADADMIN but I don't see anywhere to reset the password. When I access through it's RS232 port the Nortel software asks for a password.

What am I missing here? How do I set the new password?

Also, what is the difference between a RAD and a FastRad?

Thanks,
Bernie

Fast RAD is faster lol
Newer technology

You just reset the the old RAD by doing what you did.
Now hitthe left soft key i think until you see the password in menu.

What phone system version is it?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

4.0 I think.

I looked through all those menus and didn't see any password option. I'll have to check again.

If you have good soldering skills, remove the battery from the board. Leave it off for a couple of minutes and put it back on. I have done this with several FASTRAD's and it worked.

Don't go tearing a rad apart! Take a look at this faq first.
faq799-1997

Wayne T

If you get in with RADMIN, then the password for the RAD is the prompt that says "System ID" This can be any 10-digit number you choose.

Brian Cox
BC Telecom Services

Brian,

There's the answer! I was looking for something called password.

Thanks!

Bernie

Also, you only have 6 seconds to get the password in.

MarvO said it

Is your password problem fixed? "

Yes, I was looking for something called "password" in the Rad Admin, but it turns out its called System ID. I entered the System ID into the PC access software when it asked for password and it works fine.

Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back