Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Reading List Trace / VoIP No Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjforcum

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
US
Hey Guys,

Scenario:

I've got a site with an S8500 and 2 remote sites with S8300/G700.

I just upgraded all sites to CM3.1.2 and re-numbered all equipment so it is all running on it's own subnet (per site).

since we did this work, I'm getting no audio between sites. The G700s DO however register and there is some level of connectivity (ping).

There is a "Riverbed" on each side of the WANS, and that's where I pointed first but we've taken those off of the network and i'm told there is nothing else that could block the H.323 protocol.

When I run a list trace I noticed that the pktlss field shows all **********. when I went to a different switch and ran a same list trace, on a functional call it's all zeros.

Could someone tell me if those stars are what I think they are (packet loss) or if I'm wrong, what they are? Any suggestions?

SJF

The stars signify that no reply has been received from a potential hop point, which indicates a timeout condition.

Did you also change the IP address of the VoIP engine? It sounds like the Medpro can't reach the VoIP module on the other side.
From MGP session: set interface voip v0 <IP>

If you did, and everything seems to be ok, you may need to do a "nvram init" from MGP session and reconfigure the box from scratch (this is the preffered way when changing IP addresses from one subnet to another).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back