Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble opening hyperlinks in Eudora Message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jow77

Instructor
Jul 20, 2004
US
Whenever I click on a link in a message, it opens my MS Internet Explorer browser page, but no address shows in the address bar, nor am I redirected to the URL in the hyperlink. Have been unable, in any forum or FAQ here or on the Qualcomm sight, any answers. Please help!!

Sounds like an ill-formed URL association.

Make certain that the:

URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol

association is:

open (set to default)

Application to use is:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome %1

using DDE (checked box) with settings:

dde message: "%1",,-1,0,,,,
application: IExplore
topic:
-- Hope this helps --

WOOHOO!! Thanks so much--that was quick, easy, and painless, even for a dummy like me!!

Thankyou,thankyou,thankyou!!!!!

Open windows explorer, tools, folder options, file types tab. Scroll down to the respective item, in this instance URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and make the described change. Click OK all the way back and voila! done.

More ignorance, I'm afraid. My file types for URL show "Internet Shortcut", not Hypertext Transfer Protocol. I've changed the open options for that to the above suggested, but hotlinks in Eudora just pop up a blank browser window.
This all started since I installed Eudora 6.1.2 a few days ago.

Its not the URL extension you change. Near the top of the file association list you should see an Internet Explorer icon, with (possibly) the word NONE within parenthesis, followed by "URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol" under the "File Types" column (which really is a description column but let's not go there). THIS is the item you want to change. See if this item is there.

Brilliant! That did it. I had to create the file type entry, but then it makes perfect sense. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back