Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble login into g450 from cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlroeder

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
US
I am able to log into the CM via putty, but am having trouble from there trying to telnet into our G450. I'm getting a "Temporary failure in name resolution Host name lookup failure". I've tried using the console port but it didn't work so I'm at a loss at how I'm supposed to log in.

as in, doesn't prompt for a login ever? LAN problem...

On the IP Services port with you as 192.11.13.5 and it as 192.11.13.6, can you ssh in from there?

I've tried that as well and no luck. I do have a serial cable and tried that as well, but its not the serial cable provided. What could be the difference in the serial cables?

The serial cables are a specific pin out , so just to touch back on kyles question what is the exact behaviour you are experiencing?

Have you tried arp -d from command prompt and then connecting via the services port(lan) can you actually ping the 192.11.13.6 address with you as 192.11.13.5 and the subnet as 255.255.255.252?

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back