Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble Installing Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2004
US
I have one system I can't get a client installed on. I'm thinking it's still seeing something from an old client or something.

I've tried client remote install and nothing happens. So then I went to the machine and mapped the vphome folder and tried installing it manually out of the win32 folder. It startings installed and gets to about the removing backup files then it just stops saying the install was interupted.

I ran that norton tool that's supposed to remove all instances with no luck and also just went through the registry and delted all symantec related entries. (I backed up the registry just in case)

But still no luck.

I'm starting to lose my faith in Symantec after these latest round of issues.

Any suggestions?

Search for the msxmlx.inf file, uncheck "Read Only" attribute on all instances and reinstall. It will usually work if the installation says that it was interrupted and then rolls back.

Rick Johnston
Information Mgmt. Systems
Fargo, ND

I ran the nonav.zip file I found off a post here and the batch file cleared out all instanes of norton and then the reinstall went fine.

THX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back