Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trouble installing a TN767E

Status
Not open for further replies.

dteal

MIS
Apr 28, 2003
US
I'm trying to remove a TN464F and add a TN767E. Prior to removing the card I removed the card from the trunk group, deleted the signaling group and deleted the ds1. Then I installed the TN767E, created the ds1, created the signaling group. But, when I checked the status of the signaling group it was saying that it was 'out of service'. I tried busying out and releasing the board several times, but that didn't do anything. I have another TN767E in the PBX already and that seems to be using it's own d-channel fine.

PBX: Prologix G3csi v8

Is there something that I'm missing??? Please help. Thanks.

did you try 'cha cir' and remove the original board there?

No, I justed removed the ports from the trunk group, signaling group, and ds1 then removed the card. Then popped in the new card and it showed up in li config all right away. Then I created the ds1, signal group, trunk group.

In order for a TN767 to operate with ISDN PRI the D channel must ride on a PI link..

Here is an explanation cut and pasted from another post:

You have to add a data module with a type of 'procr-intf' and a non-DID extension number. Assign the data module to a physical channel (01 to 04).

Do a 'change communications-interface links' to add the information for the ISDN board. Use the same physical channel as assigned to the data module.
Enable = n
Est Conn = y
PI Ext = Data mod created above
PROT = ISDN
Brd = TN767 slot
Identification = Whatever

Do a 'change communications-interface processor-channels' and add an entry:
Appl = ISDN
Link = same as assigned to the data module
Channel = blank
Priority = h

Do a 'add or change signaling-group x.
Associated Signaling = y for Facility Associated Signaling
n for non-facility associated signaling
Primary D channel - 767 slot, port 24
Trunk Group = ?

Go back to the 'change communications-interface links' form and enable the link that you are using.

Give it a few minutes to sync up and then do a 'status signaling-group x'. You should see the primary as 'in-service'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back