Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble importing costs codes and details using Visual Integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloguido

Technical User
Nov 13, 2008
CA
I am attempting to import a somewhat lengthy list of cost codes in to the Job Cost module for a client, but I am just starting with a short list for now. I am having no luck brining them in. I can bring in the cost code itself, but no additional details, the description won't even come in. The data dictionary indicates I should be able to import the details to the JC.Jobcostcodedetails table, but that table is not available through VI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Those focums have about two posts regarding anything related to Job Cost importing. Looking for some quality resources here. In all honesty I have not been able to find a consistent good source of information for Sage products aside form this site. If you have any other resources please share those with me.

I am currently importing in to the JC.Costcode table. I need to find a sample layout and set up of the VI import. I went as far as exporting from another company with cost codes in place, mimicked the output for the import layout and it is still not bringing in all of the information.

I have figured out how to bring in some additional fields using the Header and Detail records. Header seems to be successful, but the Detail record continues to drop off fields(eg. Bill Method, Bill rate, etc.)

Looking for some quality resources here. In all honesty I have not been able to find a consistent good source of information for Sage products aside form this site. If you have any other resources please share those with me."

To be honest this is the last place I would look. The Sage Community I pointed you to has postings by Sage technical staff (at no cost to you I might add), plus numerous postings by MAS resellers. While there are few post about Job Cost does not mean you cannot get accurate information. Here you have just me and Dawn.

Based on your last line I suspect you do not have the records tab on your import setup correctly.

Based on your last line I suspect you do not have the records tab on your import setup correctly."

Why is there nothing out there on how to set these files up? The problem is that the data dictionary resource they provide is inconsistent with what Visual Integrator's capabilites are so that is not of much use. Any idea on how or what the BLANKS field is used for in the JC.CostCode table?

Posted on the community forum as well. I will let you know if I have any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back