Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble getting Virus Def to Clients Norton CE 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBarnes

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
I am having trouble getting the virus Definitions to clients. I coped the grc.dat form the server to the client and it still will not get the definitions from the parent server. I have the Parent server set up to use live update to get the virus defenitions from Norton's site and I have the clients set to get them from the central server. This is not working am I missing something? Also the clients are not showing up under the server is there something special that I have to so to make them show up? It is only showing the two server that I have installed.

Really need some Assistance! Thanks in advance.

- when installing the clients, you need to select managed option in one of the many dialogue windows.

- after that, you'll need to select the parent server (in your case -> central server) for these clients. finish this step and you'll be able to see your clients under the parent server.

Thanks to all of you for the help. I found out that it was the network card the whole time. I was able to ping out but I could not ping in. It was a bad network card that was only allowing me to send not revieve.

Thanks again

What OS are the clients? and where did you copy the GRC.DAT to on them?

If the clients are NT then you need to copy it to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5

This is a hidden directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back