Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble creating new page from template

Status
Not open for further replies.

skootz

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
GB
I've been using dreamweaver templates for some time but never have I come across a problem like this before . . .

I define a site and create a template but when I try and create a new page from that template it tells me
"Error accessing file \\webserver\...\...\\\webserver\...\...\...dwt bad file path (error code 3)"

Where the dots are my directories!!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver and I've even installed it on a different machine but I keep getting the same error message. Does this mean that I have a corrupted file or there is something wrong with my webserver?

Any help would be much appreciated......

I take it that you created the dwt inside a templates folder inside your root directory?
so you directory schema goes, www- templates, images, includes,
inside templates are the dwt files, and inside the all your main files.
and that this is all stored on your local machine and not on your webserver?
if so- try defining the site again and copy the files over- it might just be a glitch in DW- check the root path to the directory when you define the site and make sure it's not pointing outside the folder you are working within. Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Ok, I've arrived at the office this morning - I thought "New day" but still the same old problem!! I've since discovered that every new page I try and create does not display images when I preview it in the browser. I'm thinking there is something seriously wrong with my web server?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back