Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble changing AC2 to 2 digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

mferrucci

Vendor
Feb 14, 2005
US
Hi
i have a 81c 3.0 trying to change are AC2 which is an 8 to (2)digits 86. I've checked in (FAQ) and past post. In ld 86 esn at AC2 prompt type 86 and get a ESN010 and ESN011 when I type a 2 for trying to change to 2 digits.
What am I doing wrong

It says you are having a conflict.

In LD 22, prt a dnb on 8 and see if anything but your NARS access code shows up.

Do you already have stuff (technical for npa, nxx etc..) pointing to this access code? Before changing any of this wait for other replies to this post as I have never had the need to use more than one NARS access code. I was considering that maybe, if other stuff is pointing to it, they would need to be either pointed to the new access code (if the switch lets you) or removed and rebuilt.

Like I said though, wait for a post from someone who has used more thatn one access code first.

Yes, this is for a college and the student dialed (8)to dial off campus, but this year they are getting free local and no longer need PIN codes

Try changing your AC2 from 8 to another 2 digit number that does not start with 8. Then it should let you change from that number to 86.

I just tryed to ac2 (77) and received a ESN011 error

ld 20
req prt
type ludn

Change you AC2 to one of this.
Now you can change AC2 to 86.

Javier

change it to any number in the ludn table, then change it to 86, since 8 is used, 86 is not vacant. ld 20 ludn. that is true anytime you want to use a longer version of the same number

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

why not make it a 4 digit if you are no longer using this it would free up the block of numbers.

he's right, if you can leave it 4, go that way. some of us (me) don't have numbers to waste. i've already made my acod's 7 digits and am now changing my hot d's to 7 digits

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The NTP states the NARS/BARS AC1 or AC2 is limited to two digits though.

didn't know that either, so he needs to use a vacant two digit number for the ac2 then change it to the desired number

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Still getting ESN010 and ESN011 errors no matter what # i try from my ludn's

Have you removed all pointers (NPA, NXX etc...)to this access code yet? Maybe this is where the conflict is.?.?

yes because you are using 8, until that change command completes, so 8x is not ludn. same as changing a ext 123 to 1234, can't happen, you have to forc 123 to the ludn table, then use the longer version..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back