Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble accessing Intranet Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSAndre

MIS
Jun 21, 2004
US
I have a remote user who accesses our network via VPN access. He can see most of the network(get his email etc), but is having trouble seeing a specific website on one of our servers here. I have tried changing many settings without success. Does anyone know of a possible network setting or VPN setting that may be causing him not to be able to see specific areas of the network.

Thanks

Can he access it by ip address?
If you run a tracert ipaddress from his workstation - where is the traffic going to?
Is this webserver on a dmz or a differently subnetted part of your LAN?
Have you got a firewall and if so what kind?

No we tried by IP address thinking it to be a DNS issue. I have not tried to run a trace route yet, but I had him try to ping that server with no reply. It is not on a dmz it is subneted in a server group. We tried disabling the stateful firewall that exists with his VPN connection, with no help. As mentioned above he is seeing part of the network and other remote users are able to see this particular intranet site.

You could compare a route print on his pc to another working one to see where all is going astray.

Can you check ipconfig from his connection when he VPNS in to see if hes being assigned anything different or statically address him with an ip address that can successfully connect to the intranet.
You could compare a route print on his pc to another working one to see where all is going astray.

I will give these things a try. I will keep you posted as to what happens.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back