Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubel Connecting to MAS90 via ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuchigupta

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hi All,

I have MAS90 level 3.70 with the 3.21 ProvideX ODBC Driver.
I use the following connection string to connect to MAS90 database:

Code:
"Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=SOTAMAS90_ABC"

I have tested the connection both with the ODBC Admin utility and withing ASP. Thus, I am able to make the connection. However, I run into the following error:

1) When I execute a simple SELECT query, say on the IM1_InventoryMasterfile, I get:

> Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[ProvideX][ODBC Driver][FILEIO]Table is not accessible

I am not a MAS90 expert and am fairly new to ASP as well. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

shuchi

Hi

I am getting the same error. The connection is fine since it doesn't report and error. However any query I give comes back with table not found.

I have no idea on what to do.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ritesh

I have an answer to your question here - Look into the access permission of the directory where the MAS90 files reside. U will need to grant the IUSR_XXX permissions on the said directory.
Doing this will solve your current problem but might bring in new problems as in my case.

I now get :
Provider error '8000ffff'
Catastrophic failure

When I try and open the connection.

Lemme know if you find a solution/fix.

Just a thought... I have noticed a lot of people have tried (and failed) to be successful with this. I think that Best uses odbc drivers that are not compatible with ASP scripts. They provide a module called E-business manager to make websites to query and do all sorts of stuff online. If you could do it with ASP easily they would not sell as many of licenses of this module. Any thoughts? I think it is on purpose.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

Well, this was a headache and never did work in ASP. In Coldfusion, I get a connection, but I get blank tables. So, as a work around, we have written a webservice that communicates with MAS90. It was also a pain, but I DO have that working and it seems to do a nice job. The service returnes XML that can be parsed or persisted on the webserver database for quick reference. As I get it all polished, I will make it available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back