Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trojan: Downloader.Dyfica.H

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLUSTERFUNK

Technical User
Dec 9, 2003
CA
I have read an entire thread about this already, on several boards but still no answer as how to get this damn Trojan off my system. I'm not good with this sort of stuff and would like some guidance.... I really dont want to resort to formatting.

I have ran AVG Antivirus and it doesnt pick it up, however it does throw a pop up in front of me all the time saying:

-----------------------------------------------------

Virus
Trojan horse Downloader.Dyfica.H

is found in file
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{31FBC0AE-DE1C-4A27-B00F-F2C197928685}-\RP13\A0009005.exe

To remove this virus, please run AVG for Windows.

----------------------------------------------------

Any help would be great, will co-operate as best I can to get this resolved.

Kind Regards.
John

Can't you just delete the file?

Becca

Somtimes, the easy answer is the hardest to find. :)

Disable and enable system restore.
This file is in the restore points cataloqs.

So wait, what should i do here?

I cant just find the file. I did a search for it in the search in XP PRO, and also looked for it manually in Windows Explorer.

So I should take off system restore, and then what?

Cheers.
John

Temporary take off system restore on all drives and it disappears .
This is because all restore points gets deleted by windows.

Don't forget to re enable system restore again .

You can edit files in the restore cache, but there is no point to it. In editing the cache you destroy the restore point. The Syar suggestion is the easiest: either disable system restore to remove the restore points, or use the Disk Cleanup tool to do so. In any case the file cannot hurt you unless you do a system restore.

To access the Volume Information folder, see:

Ok great, so basically by unchecking the SYSTEM RESTORE check box then clicking OK. And then going back and reactivating it and clicking OK is all I have to do?
This will delete all restore points?

Cheers.
John

Ok, it seems to have done the trick. Do you guys have any idea's what I should be looking for when it comes to the damage this Trojan has inflicted on my PC?

You guys have been lots of help, great forum, great people, I will come by here a few times a week just to click the sponsors links...

Cheers.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back