Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trixbox CE to Avaya CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaoldschl

MIS
May 17, 2001
US
My eyes are burnt out from reading forums trying to get this working and I have tried every configuration that somebody said was working with limited success. My Avaya side is running. I can call from Avaya to Trixbox with no problem at all. On the Trixbox side (using x-lite) I can't even get the call to try and go out. I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental in the setup but have been staring at it for so long it could be 10 feet tall and I would miss it. Here is my Trixbox setup with names changed to protect the innocent:

ooh323.conf

[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = Trix.ip.add.ress
disallow=all
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

gatekeeper=DISABLE
context=default
progress_setup=8
progress_alert=8
h245tunneling=yes
mediawaitforconnect=yes

[Avaya]
type=friend
context=internal
host=Avaya.ip.add.ress
port=1720
disallow=all
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

extensions.conf

[internal]
exten => 50001,1,Dial(SIP/50001)

exten => _1XXXX,1,Dial(OOH323/${EXTEN}@Avaya)

sip.conf

[general]

context=internal
bindaddr=Trix.ip.add.ress
disallow=all
allow=alaw
srvlookup=yes
canreinvite=no

[50001]
type=friend
secret=38257
qualify=yes
host=dynamic
callerid="Asterisk Testing"
pickupgroup=1

So like I said, I can call from Avaya to the 50001 extension and the call is perfect. When I try dialing 11619 from the x-lite phone I get 'Your call can not be completed as dialed'. I am eternally grateful in advance.

Avaya2 is also h323. I have a Shoretel I am going to attempt to bridge via SIP. I may also have the Siemens configured as SIP because I think the Siemens will operate better that way. This whole thing came from the Siemens and Avaya not being able to negotiate h323 directly. The * is more configurable and forgiving than they were apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back