Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trim marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is there a way to set rim marks on each page of a PageMaker document--either automatic or via a free plugin or extension--to automatically, as opposed to setting them myself?

I've finished 8 or 10 chapters already of a book with 24 chapters + frontmatter and endmatter, and the client's just mentioned the trim marks.

Thing is, I should've realized myself (but I'm used to a checkoff item in Quark) and I've already done the template based on a 5.5" x 8.5"-page size. If I have to do them myself on the master page, I'm afraid I'll have to change the size of the physical page.

A little help, please? I'll gratefully take answers privately at: stiano@optonline.net

Thank you.

Stephen Tiano
Page Design & Production

In the print dialog box, click on the Paper button. On that screen there's the option to turn on the "Printer's marks" check box (crops, registration marks, color bars and file information outside the trim size) or check "Crops and bleeds only" (which only provides your crop/trim marks and the file information outside the trim size).

This should work for you. Good luck with your book.

Randy Hagan-htech
help@RandyHagan.com

Stephen:

Let me add some informations:
The document size should not be enlarged for bleeds.
Crop- or registration marks should use the registration mark color,
then they appear on all separations.
Sometimes the automatic crop marks are too thick. Then one should
use manually made marks.
Manually made marks, which have NO connection to elements inside
the document area (opposed to bleeds) are often ignored by the
printer driver.
I would recommend, that you make the document in the final size
and that you leave the additional work to the Service Provider.
I did this just now - the Service Provider has an excellent imposition
program, which doesn´t cause errors like PM´s build booklet
(I mean not aligned lignes across pages, though the coordinates are
correct).

Best regards --Gernot Hoffmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back