Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trim Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdeaver

MIS
Feb 8, 2002
US
Can the Trim fuction be modified to remove all spaces between text, instead of leaving one space? Or is there another automated way to remove that remaining space?

TRIM only removes leading or trailing spaces.

However, the solution is simpler than you think. Use Edit, Replace command and replace the space with nothing.

HTH

Indu

How do I make replace find the space I'm trying to get rid of? For ex. I have 023 1234, but I want it to be 0231234.

I am not sure if you have tried

Edit, Replace and then in the Find field type a space and then to take the space out of the desired cell, click Find Next till you get to that cell and then click Replace.

If that doesn't work, then we have to look for other things.

HTH

Indu

I tried putting " " in the find before and it didn't work. So I tried typing a space as you suggested and it still didn't work. When I unchecked "Find entire Cells only" it started working. Thanks

you could use =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back