Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trigger Limit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljubicic

Programmer
Nov 7, 2002
AU
Hi All,

I have two Databases on a MS SQl 7.0 Server. On one of the tables in Database A, I can put any number of triggers on this table and it hold it resident. However on Database B, when I go to attach a third trigger to the table it overwrites the last. It won't allow me to add three onto the table. Its like the maximum for the table is two. Is this a configuration issue?? as version 7 should let you attach numerous triggers.

Does anyone have an idea of why this occurs??

Regards
Anthony

u can surely put many more than just THREE.
make sure ur trigger names are different..first thing.
and if the problem persists post the script for all the three triggers in reply to this posting.

MS says " table can have one delete trigger, three insert triggers, and two update "

And also read this "Maximum Capacity Specifications
" topic in Books Online

Cracky -= Developer/DBA =-
visti:

On SQL 7 you can basically have as many triggers as you want on a table. However, on SQL 6.5 you were limited to 3.

It could be that the compatibility level on Database B is set to 65. Check this by executing:

Code:
sp_dbcmptlevel 'db_name'

If it is set to 65 then change it to 7 using:

Code:
sp_dbcmptlevel 'db_name', 70

--James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back