Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

triangular images

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeymeister

Programmer
Mar 17, 2005
GB
I need to create a square image which is split in 2 by 2 45 degree triangles. It must be a really simple thing to do but I can't get it quite right as I'm not very experienced at creating images. Is there any easy way to do this in something like Paint Shop Pro or Paint? You can see what I'm trying to do here :

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

The only way you can cut an image is into a square/ rectangle shape, you can't shape an image into a triangle.
I suggest you make two seperate images the same size, with the illusion that they are divided into opposing triangles with transparent backgrounds, and then use layers (html) to make them sit one over the other.

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Paint Shop Pro forum: forum446

I don't see what you're trying to do vis-a-vis triangular images on the URL you posted. What I do see is a big block of text - "Welcome to Sportsdesk NFLC..." - that's being served up as an image instead of proper text.

I assume you're doing this so that you can use your own chosen font. Don't. If you want anybody to visit your site, you'll need Google to be able to read it - and it can't read images. Not to mention all the accessibility problems it throws up...

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Hi'

Speaking of Google, I have a site and most (nearly all) of the visits are because of linking in from other site advertising it, apart from using,

Code:
 <META name="description" content="Free Wallpapers, 800x600,1024x768,1600x1200">
<META name="keywords" content="wallpaper, Digital wallpapers, free wallpaper collection, 5000+ wallpapers">

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for getting more google visitors ?.

ChrisHirst said:
the above metas won't help in the slightest.

What makes you say that ?, I thought it was standard for search engines to use a HTML Meta Search.
P.S
Thanks for the link.

There will be some around, but the ones that matter MSN, Yahoo and Google give little or no ranking weight to meta keywords.

A few threads and links in the SEO forum on the subject.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back