Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Treeview: tree does not appear / data does

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISPrincess

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
US
Using microsfot treeview, I cannot get the tree to appear correctly. The data appears accross the form.

I am new to .net, any suggestions?

PH
I was walking home one night and a guy hammering on a roof called me a paranoid little weirdo.
In morse code.
-Emo Phillips

PH: Do a search using the Search tab here at the dot NET forum; this subject has been discussed many times, and there are quite a few threads which address your question directly. Give it a shot, let us know what you find...

..just type in "treeview" and you'll see the many threads on this subject.

I alway search first (quite a few times) and could find no help with exact subject (treeview items in a row / not correctly formatted). This is a great forum, and I usually find something also.

If you saw help with this exact matter, can you provide a link, because I must have missed it.

Thanks!

PH
I was walking home one night and a guy hammering on a roof called me a paranoid little weirdo.
In morse code.
-Emo Phillips

ISPrincess,
Hi.
I am having almost the same problem and was wondering if you were able to fix it.
In my case everything works fine on the dev machine (the tree view works fine). But when I moved it to the production server, the treeview won't apear and only the data does (I have created the dll for the treeview anc copied it to the correct location on the server, I'm not getting a parsing error, the treeview won't simply apear!).
Any idea?

Thanks

I can barely remember but I know you have to install that Microsoft.web.ui.webcontrols and there was some twist to that. I am sorry I cannot remember the exacts on that but if you search it here or on google I think you can find it.

Also, be sure that you add microsoft.web.ui.webcontrols.dll in your apps bin/ directory.

PH
In morse code.
-Emo Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back