Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Treeview Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigoblue

Programmer
Sep 7, 2000
GB
I have a treeview which i only want users to select the leaf nodes. The tree consists of a list of headings at the first level, with the leaves on the second level.

To automatically prevent the user selecting the nodes at the heading level, I want some code that automatically selects the first child node under the heading when the heading node is clicked. At the moment, I have the following code:

Private Sub EqualOpTree_Expand(ByVal Node As Object)

' the +/- box has been clicked...

Node.Child.Selected = True

End Sub

Private Sub EqualOpTree_NodeClick(ByVal Node As Object)

' a node has been clicked...

Dim NodeItm
NodeItm = Node.Key

' test to see if the clicked node is a heading...

Dim KeyId
KeyId = Right(NodeItm, 2)

If KeyId = "L1" Then

Node.Child.Selected = True

End If

End Sub

... the Expand event code works fine - when the +/- box is clicked, the node expands & the first child is selected. BUT the NodeClick code doesn't work: the node expands and the child node is temporarily selected, but the selection then passes back the node that was clicked. What I want to know is - why? & does anyone have a solution??

Cheers

Paul

Test to see which level you are by using the node properties

Firstsibling
Lastsibling
parent
root
child
children
next

I recommend

If node.children <> 0 then
treeview1.Selecteditem = node.child

I've got no problem with relative node properties: even if I use the code recommended, the child node gets selected and then the parent node gets reselected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back