Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TreeView Control 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaSeven

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
GB
I have a TreeView control on a form which is loaded with a simple table of PartID, Description, ReportsTo. The TreeView is recursively loaded using a similar procedure to MS knowledge base article 167309. I would like to be able to Add/Delete or Edit the node I have selected in the TreeView. But I have no idea of were to start with this, any help/pointers would be greatfully recieved.

Omega,

Off the top of my head, I would say to have 3 command buttons to the side of the tree view control, "Add", "Delete" and "Edit". Delete and Edit both deal with the selected node. The "Add" button would require the 'parent' node to be selected and would add a child node to it.

Robotron

Hi Omega,
I came across this site, that may assist in answering your thread. He offers a small application, to be downloaded, that populates a TreeView control, and has command buttons which add & edit. (like Robotron, suggested).

...who knows, you may like the site regardless?

Hope this helps, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back