Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TreeView change item

Status
Not open for further replies.

nym313

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
HU
Hi
Using the following code I defined that when Im loading the Announcements into the program it marks the some of them with various icons in the TreeView. This was fairly easy, because when I pasted a new element into the tree (hTemp = GetTreeCtrl().InsertItem(pDoc->m_pAnnouncements[ann].m_cAnnouncementName, SecondParentItem, TVI_LAST);), I got the tree element back into the hTemp variable, and I could easily change the picture.
My question would be that how could I go through the Announcements and modify their icons, but without clicking anywhere in the tree.
Thanks for any help in forward!
Screenshot and code follows:

menueditor.jpg

Code:
for(int ann = 0; ann < pDoc->m_iAnnouncements; ann++)
	{
		hTemp = GetTreeCtrl().InsertItem(pDoc->m_pAnnouncements[ann].m_cAnnouncementName, hSecondParentItem, TVI_LAST);
		GetTreeCtrl().SetItemData(hTemp, TREEITEM_TE_ANN_ANN);

CString sSelItemText;
		sSelItemText = GetTreeCtrl().GetItemText(hTemp);
		DWORD type = GetTreeCtrl().GetItemData(hTemp);

int iAnnId;
		for(j = 0; j < pDoc->m_iAnnouncements; j++)
		{
			if(pDoc->m_pAnnouncements[j].m_cAnnouncementName == sSelItemText)
			{
				iAnnId = pDoc->m_pAnnouncements[j].m_iAnnouncement;
				break;
			}
		}

int iCount = -1;
		for(i= 0; i < pDoc->m_iNodes; i++)
		{
			int iNodeindex = -1;
			for(int t=0;t<pDoc->m_iNodeTypes;t++)
			{
				if((UINT)pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[t].m_iNodeType == pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_iNodeType)
				{
					iNodeindex = t;
					break;
				}
			}
			if(iNodeindex == -1)
			{
				//ExitProcess(-12);
				CString sMsg;
				sMsg.Format("The node type %d missed.", pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_iNodeType);
				AfxMessageBox(sMsg);
			}

if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType1 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData1) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType2 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData2) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType3 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData3) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType4 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData4) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType5 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData5) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType6 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData6) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType7 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData7) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType8 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData8) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType9 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData9) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType10 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData10) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType11 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData11) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType12 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData12) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType13 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData13) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType14 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData14) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
			if((pDoc->m_pNodeTypeData[iNodeindex].m_cFeatureParType15 == "ComboBox") && (atoi(pDoc->m_pNodes[i].m_cData15) == iAnnId))
			{
				iCount = i;
				break;
			}
		}
		if(iCount == -1)
		{
			GetTreeCtrl().SetItemImage(hTemp, 27, 27);

}
		else
		{
			GetTreeCtrl().SetItemImage(hTemp, 1, 1);
		}
	}

You need to use the GetItem() member function to iterate through the item of the Tree control and then use the SetItem() member function to change the image index for the tree item. The image index is a integer inde in to the tree control's image list.

Hope this helps,

Go to CodeProject.com for examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back