Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tree View

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSkellington

Technical User
Jul 28, 2005
GB
I have currently running through the code a key using the following layout FORGroup(1)AOI(1) but want to manipulate this into ScopeNode()DisconnecteIdents().

Code:
Set nodNewNode = tvwTree.Nodes.Add(tvwTree.SelectedItem.Key, _
                            tvwChild, "SCOPENODE(" & sScopeNode & ")DisconnectedIdents(" & sAOI & ")", _
                            "Idents not connected to an outstation", _
                            UNCONNECTED_IDENTS, UNCONNECTED_IDENTS)

Jack(?)

I work as a software developer on Southern Water's SCOPE. PI and CMS databases so may have some insight into what you are doing.

Can you explain a bit more about what you are trying to achieve (e.g. recordset contents and/or query SQL).

I'm guessing that you're trying to populate a treeview with telemetry points that are not mapped to any outstation.

Is this data sourced directly from SCOPE or from an offline database (CMS in my case).

Trevor

As you say trying to populate a treeview with telemetry points that are not mapped to any outstation.

This works in most cases but I wanted to manipulate the form of the key that is created when a user selects an item.

Example

For the first two levels the key will be FORGroup("Selected Value")AOI("SelectedValue")

FORGroup
AOI

Scope
Outstation

When it gets to a lower level I want to change the key to be SCOPE("Selected Value")Outstation("Selected Value")

The data is sourced directly from SCOPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back