Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Treat not showing threat history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanb458

MIS
Oct 8, 2003
US
I have a few issues with Symantec 10.0

In the console I show a threat for one of my users but when I go into the treat history nothing is there. This has been happening everyday.

In the console I show users with threats but when I go into the threat history I show no new virus just old virus that have been quarantined.

I tried seaching for this with no luck. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I need to do to correct these issues. I appreciate your help.

I presume that you have cleared the virus status in the Symantec System Center?

You may want to go to All Tasks, Symantec Antivirus, Quarantine Options and select the "do nothing" option so you won't automatically rescan the quarantine to attempt to clean viruses in there.

Let me know if that takes care of it... so clear status, and use the do nothing option in quarantine options.

Thank you. So you are saying that the quarantine is getting scanned even the program put it in quarantine. Now if I tell it to do nothing does that mean it won't scan the quarantine file again or do nothing for everything? Will putting do nothing open a security threat?

The rescan of the quarantine upon updating your virus definitions is a service that is supposed to make your lif e easier in such a way that you do not need to manually clean a virus from the quarantine when you know it's cleanable.

99% of the viruses out there are uncleanable. If you want to clean a document/file for some reason, you can still try to right-click on the item from quarantine and attempt to clean it.

The help button for this feature may be of use as well... I suggest you take a peek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back