Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trasferring to Extensions Forwarded Off-Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2008
US
We recently upgraded from Definity 1.2 to CM 5.2. and simultaneously expanded into a new building. Now when the Operator in the new building tries to forward outside inbound calls to an internal extension (but in another port network connected by a gateway to the same 8720 server) which the end-user has forwarded off-net to their cell phone, they get an error tone and can't complete the transfer.

As I suspected, the trace shows denial event 1741: Transfer trunk to trunk D1=0x8524 D2=0x1936.

This has never been an issue before... am I correct in assuming the newer software is "smarter" and knows to block calls which previously slipped through?

The obvious solution might be to simply change the COR on the Operator phones to not restrict trk-to-Trk Transfer Override, but I don't really want them to be able to transfer calls directly to external numbers since they handle a variety of calls from various toll-free numbers. Does anyone know of another option?

I don't allow anyone to be able to transfer calls off-net. For those individuals who have a real business need for calls to route to their cell phone, I give them either (1) EC500 or (2) an alternate coverage path with a remote-coverage destination.

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

That may be the way to go for us too - thanks for the suggestion. I've printed the list of phones currently call-forwarded to external numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back