Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trapping the keyboard event using macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisualBasicHelp

Programmer
Sep 7, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am trying to create a macro which will activate the application of TOAD which is already open and whenever the user does ALT+Printscreen, it should come in word and paste it.
Actually I could activate the application. Can anybody tell me how to trap the keyboard event, so that I can activate the word and paste it.

Can anybody provide me the code for trapping keyboard event.

Thanks

Actually I got the solution of my previous question. Now through macro of word when I click a button, the control goes to toad, does an ALT+printscreen and comes back to word and paste it.

But again the question arises, since toad has two windows, editor window and a grid window, editor window is where we type the select query and grid window is where the result is displayed.

I would like the macro to scroll the grid window to get the ALT+Printscreen of the remaining columns which is not seen without scrolling.

Can anybody help me in this. I would be really greatful.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back