Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trapping Compile Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssVBAdev

Programmer
May 23, 2003
US
Is there a way to "trap" compile errors much like you would trap a run-time error? I have a computer in another office using an Excel VBA program I developed that has not caused troubles on other machines in other offices before. Now, for whatever reason, one specific module is giving a "compile error in hidden module" error. The VBA project is locked out and I would rather not give the password out. I'm not able to access the computer via the network (don't ask) and have no real way of diagnosing the cause.

Any thoughts?

What's the best way to get the answers you need?? See FAQ222-2244 for details!

The short answer is no. This is usually a result of version incompatibility. Can you test in the same version as your user?

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

This is "kind-of" what I am working on. The VBA is written with Office 11 on XP. I have Office 10 on W2K, but I have not heard back yet regarding the operating conditions of the user. I think they may be quite behind. I have had such problems in the past involving, of all functions, the Chr() function. But, I think you are right, that was my suspicion as well. I was just hoping there was a way to determine what was causing the compile error without unprotecting the VBA project.

I've also resorted to "stripping" down the code to isolate the one specific module. Not sure it'll help but, we'll see.

What's the best way to get the answers you need?? See FAQ222-2244 for details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back