Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunnon

Programmer
May 14, 2003
FI
Is there a way to configute router to send a trap when somebody logs in the system. And if you can how?

I do not know a way to send a trap in this case. But, I am considering (and I am not sure) if this works: assign a permisive access-list with the log option set to the line vty interface. When somebody logs on a log message will be be logged and this message could be displayed at the console. Try this one:
access-list 99 permit any log
line vty 0 4
access-class 99 in
login
password
I am not sure this will work. Let me know if you have a chance to test it.

Like Irasman said you can with tacacs or radius, however, your company has to be willing to let you buy the AAA server. Lord knows my company is too cheap to do it!

Thanks for help... fmonteiro, I tried to do that, but in that case you have to have your own script going on to send the actual trap...

And what cames about tacacs and radius... Believe me, I would certainly use tacacs or radius, but use of them is up to our customers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back