Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TRAP Exception error on install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardkng

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
US
Ok, so my PC started this nasty mess of getting stuck in a reboot loop. Just as soon as you would normally see the blue windows screen, and the services and all would start (before the actual login screen) it would reboot.

No safe mode, no nothing...it would always just reboot on its own, at the same spot.

So, it was time for an upgrade anyway....so I bought some parts, a 333mhz motherboard, some RAM, and a video card. All Ive used is the RAM and motherboard.

So, I install the motherboard, and RAM, and boot with the windows 2000 cd in the drive, moved the CD drive to first in the list of boot devices (even disabled the HD)....I get the prompt to "Hit any key to boot from CD", I do, and then the PCI device listing comes up....then BANG, I get this screen:

trap_error.jpg

Cant do anything except reset it.

Cant find anything about it on a search of this forum, or through a google search.

Swapped harddrives, same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks, but....

To quote that page you linked:

1. Turn on the affected computer, insert the Win2000 CD, and reboot the computer from the CD.

2. When you see the Welcome To Setup screen, press R to repair a Win2000 installation and then press C to start the Recovery Console.

And to quote my post:

So, I install the motherboard, and RAM, and boot with the windows 2000 cd in the drive, moved the CD drive to first in the list of boot devices (even disabled the HD)....I get the prompt to "Hit any key to boot from CD", I do, and then the PCI device listing comes up....then BANG, I get this screen.

I dont get to a setup screen.

:(

you can put your hard drive in another working pc and perform the same file operations suggested in the article eguy linked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back