Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trap Configuration for ARN Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacor

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
CA
I tried setting the trap configuration on the ARN router, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks a lot

Open Site manager

From the main menu choose Protocols

Under that choose IP>> SNMP>> trapconfiguration.

go to interfaces, choose slot 1 (default in ARN )

from available entities choose the entities for which you want to recieve traps. check the events you want to monitor

configuring the SNMP for recieving trap :

IP>> SNMP>> communities

go to community >> Managers

Managers>> Addmanager

give the IP address of your PC On which you want to recieve trap OR 0.0.0.0 for anyone to recieve traps.

Thanks Ramco, I'll try it tomorrow..

I would like to know if you ARE NOT part of the snmp community manager on the remote router and you would like to add your Workstations ip address , how can you do that.

I know that in order to do Pcaps on the remote router you need to be part of snmp manager so that you can open up site manager and do pcaps.

Just learned how I can to add a workstation as SNMP Manager to a remote router if my Ip address is not on the remote router .
type in this command
set wfSnmpMgrEntry.1.1.x.x.x.x 1;commit

(x represents the workstations ip address that will be added as SNMP Manager)

You would use this commant in case you can't use site manager too add an ip address on the remote router.
( then again you can't use site manager on a remote router without being part of Snmp Manager)

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back