Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transtalk 9030

Status
Not open for further replies.

guessbob

Technical User
Feb 14, 2006
US
I'm working on a friends phone sys. its a partner setup w/ a transtalk wireless phone. ... i'll cut to the chase, the phone was dropped...er several times( i already know from reading in the forum, they don't like it very much) the phone still worked but the mic didn't.. u could hear but not speak.. anyway i dismantled the phone and resoldered the mic connections(a guy can hope right) but it took me a while to get the phone back to the guy and it was disconnected from the battery for a while. Now it turns on and gives the 2 beeps and flashes the range before going off. it is not connecting to the radio modual. is this a setting that I have to change to fix or is the phone just diing?

It may not be diing but it certainly is toast.

-Hal

unfortunatly transtalks were poorly designed unfortunatly you have to get a new one, also you may want to take out the vibrating device cause that will cause you problems later on. I take them out repeatedly. They will short out something in the phone. You may want to try that on the one you have, cause Ive had it cause a phone to do that range stuff.

Is the radio module working properly, i.e., are the power and pass lights on - when the radio module is powered up? Is the phone button mapping still set to Partner - or did it get set to something else - and, thus, need to be reset?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back