Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparent Background - Taking image into PowerPoint 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

egglett

Instructor
Aug 6, 2001
GB
I am trying to create and save irregular objects (eg circles, rectangles etc) that need to be put into PowerPoint. The problem is that when I save the object either as a coreldraw or export as a bitmap and insert it into PowerPoint the object has been placed into a square which has a white background. I dont know how to make the background transparent - help! x:)

I would export the CorelDraw image with a background colour that is similar the background of your Powerpoint slide, then when you import the image into Powerpoint, use your flyout Picture menu and select the Transparancy Tool and click on the background in your image and it will be transparent. Having the background colour of your image being close to the colour of your presentation will make the image transparency look cleaner, rather than leaving it just white or black. Hope this helps you.

Oh...I forgot one more thing...export your image as a .jpg with rgb colour palette. It works better and looks cleaner in Powerpoint.

To keep the exported file in vector format:

Export as a .wmf for .emf (or other suitable vector format)

In PowePoint:
- Import Picture from File
- Ungroup
- Delete the background object
- Regroup
- If you need to scale the image, do so before you ungroup/regroup

I don't use PowerPoint but you might try exporting as a PNG or TGA. Both of these formats support alpha/transparency. You will get the best results in your presentation if you export the image at the 75dpi at the size you intend you use it in your presentaion (don't scale it in powerpoint).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back