Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparency palette

Status
Not open for further replies.

leszczuk

Programmer
Jul 21, 2000
US
I can set transparency via the control palette, but the transparency palette itself has vanished. It does not appear in Windows > Transparency, and Shift F10 does something else (it greys out everything but the active window). How do I get the transparency palette back?

The palette may be off your screen. Try resetting the preferences for the program.

Thanks. I reset the workspace to default but no luck. Also, even if the palette had moved offscreen wouldn't I see Transparency in the pull-down menu from Window at the top of the screen?

Usually, Adobe app problems are created by corrupted preferences. The cure is to quit the app, trash prefs and relaunch.

On mac, that's hard drive/user/library/preferences/com.adobe.InDesign.plist

I don't know what it is on windows.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Check the Configure Plug-ins panel to make sure the transparency ones aren't disabled? I'm not sure if they could be, or even whether disabling them would lead to the palette disappearing, but might be worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back