Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparency in TGA or GIF Formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFalcon8560

Technical User
Oct 25, 2007
US
I would like to produce an image in PSP 11 with the background transparent and then save it to a TGA or GIF file format and keep the background transparent.

I can make the background transparent in PSP, but the saved GIF or TGA file always has a white background. I've tried masks and alpha channels..no help. I'm missing something here but can't figure it out..Need some advice..can't believe that it's this hard.

Make the file normally, but instead of using the Save As function, use the Export function, to preserve the transparency.

File->Export->GIF Optimizer, or PNG Optimizer will retain the transparency.

Click on the Transparency Tab, and select Alpha Transparency. And then click O.k to save the file.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Thanks..I knew it was something simple...the lack of documentation is a real handicap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back