Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transparant fonts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartali

Technical User
May 27, 2001
MX
Hi all,

First of all what a pity davdesign is leaving us. Jealousy on one's knowledge and skills is soo stupid. Thanks Dave, for all the good work.
Now to my question: how can I make fonts transparant? I mean, I want to keep f.e. the black outline but transparancy within the lines.

Thanks a bunch!

dartali

well i know of only one way to make text transparent and that is turn it into a symbol and then adjust the alpha.....that is my 2 cents.

Thanks, I knew that method already. Prob is I want to preserve the outlines of the font.

Thanks anyway!

dartali

Type your text in layer 1... Bold font would be better.
Insert new layer.
Copy text from layer 1 to layer 2.
Back to layer 1. Apply Dartali's method... Convert into symbol. Set Alpha to whatever...
Back to layer 2. Select text. Break apart. Use Ink bottle Toll to outline your text... Just click on the side of the letters, it will outline it automatically.
When done with all letters, select the interior of each letter and delete (backspace) it.
Bingo! 50% (or whaterver) alpha setting on layer one. Outline (different color & stroke if you want it!) at 100% alpha on layer 2.

;-)

i'm guessing if it is a big enough font say for instance"impact"..you can do this..

breakapart the text..take the ink bottle and fill the very outside of the text with a different color..thus giving the text an outline(learned that from jealous).. then select the inside of the text(which should be a different color now)and convert that to a symbol..give it the alpha that you want..when your done with all the text(will probably take a litle work if your doing alot of text)select it all and group it back together..

should work..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Apply Dartali's method...

Ment apply natedeia's method!

;-)

now thats funny..i'm going to bed..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Thanks all! I'll try it out and will let you know what worked best.

Cheers,

dartali

Virt2001 turns out to be the easiest, most effective way! Sorry Jealous but we're all here to learn right so Virt2001, a feather for you!

Cheers,

dartali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back