Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

translation tool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dushkin

Programmer
Mar 28, 2002
US
hi. does anybody out there know if there is a "visual basic to embedded visual basic" translation tool in existance? If not, does anybody know of any good resources in going about moving a VB project to an embedded invironment?

Thanks in advance.

The main problem with eMbedded VB is that it is really only VBScript so you can try just getting rid of all datatype declarations as it only supports variants.

Beyond that however you may well find that your code simply will not work in EVB because the WinCE/Pocket PC environment does not have the required functionality.

If you can afford it I would suggest that you move to VB.NET first as the .NET Compact Framework is much more powerful and most standard functionality can be handled without a problem.

Having done a number of recent .NET CF developments there is no way I would ever go back to EVB.

There is one other possibility and that is to use an addin called MobileVB from
This allows cross platform development using VB6 and may allow you to retain more of your existing code.

hi. Thanks for taking the time to respond - that was very helpful. I am looking into the .NET CF which looks like the (pricy) solution to what i am trying to accomplish. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back