Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translation of an Cognos Impromptu Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpcognos

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
DE
Hi everyone,

can you tell me how to translate/convert a .imr-file into a nother language. i mean, that the prompts, column-descriptions (in the layout) can be translated e.g. from english to german, and so on.

tnx,

roland

Impromptu is sold in language-specific versions. Check their webpage ( for more information. This would help with the built-in interface use of language. You can write your prompts anyway you want within the constraints of the font set. I am not aware of any ability for the product to support multiple languages at the same time.

Regards,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

Hi Dave,

i know that impromptu is sold in different languages. that's not what i mean. i want to translate the report itself (report.imr in english, german, ...) with e.g. an Oracle Table which contains the text-translations.

brgs,

Roland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back