Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translating incoming call on FXO to desk extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maakus

MIS
Jul 31, 2013
JM
Hello,

I am new to E-Metrotel. I have come across an issue that I would like to have a look at: the system is configured to translate incoming calls to a particular extension. Where/how is this configured on the device (PBX).

Thanks

If the calls are coming in on digital or sip trunks, then you configure them in the inbound routes page.......the same as you do in the IP Office and very similar to target lines in the Norstar/BCM.

Even if they come in on analog trunks, you still have to direct them starting with the PSTN trunk DIDs....then create inbound routes for them.

If you want to emulate the Ring and Appear function like the Norstar/BCM, you use the Shared Call Appearance programming for the Inbound Route. Just keep in mind that you cannot dial out on them by pressing the line appearance key like you do on the Nortel systems.

Please note the Shared Call Appearance programming is available ONLY on Nortel\Avaya sets, digital or IP. SCA is NOT supported on third party SIP phones such as Yealink, etc.

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back